Your eyesight is priceless, and we are here to protect it!
We use the most up-to-date technology to ensure the best eye care possible. Here are some of the different types of tests and equipment you may experience on a visit to our Practice.
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) retinal imaging is a quick, non-invasive scan that allows our doctors to see beneath the surface of your retina. This unique technology can help Jeremy D. Fowler, O.D. detect vision-threatening diseases in their early stages, when they are most treatable, such as diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. Traditional eye exams and retinal photography do not provide this level of detail.
Optomap Retinal Imaging
Optomap ultra-widefield retinal imaging is a panoramic digital image of the retina that can show an 82% view of your retina at one time.
- Optomap facilitates early protection from vision impairment or blindness by allowing the detection of problems more quickly and easily.
- It can help with the early detection of life-threatening diseases like cancer, stroke, and cardiovascular disease.
It is completely comfortable, and the scan takes less than a second.
Optomap Benefits – YouTube Video
Here are just a few examples of what this looks like:
Did you know?
- Sight-threatening eye diseases often have no outward signs or symptoms in the early stages.
- State-of-the-art technology can help your doctor see early signs of these diseases.
- Early detection and treatment of eye disease may reduce your risk of vision loss.